Tuesday, January 27, 2009

GIVING YOU THE BUSINESS (cards)


A couple months ago I went to reload my wallet with fresh business cards and realized I had reached the bottom of the barrel! Kind of amazing since I remember wondering what the heck I was gonna do with all eleventy hundred of them a couple years ago. And now I got none! As you can see from the ratty one above (which I found stuck in between some old Pokemon cards) it was a pretty KND-centric card since that's all I was doing for all those years.

But this post-KND age demands more from a card than just kids battling against tyranny! After all, I'm only 63 years away from being a published children's book author (okay, a couple months... but it FEELS like 63 years). So I wanted to have some cards that represent that aspect of my life!

And then I ran into Mr. Elliot Cowan. He's an amazing animator recently come to NYC from Australia, the country where they INVENTED business cards (at least i THINK that's what he told me). He had AWESOME cards, each one with a different sketch on the back of it. He told me he got them from Moo.com. They're an internet printing company based in England (where they invented internets?) and you can upload all your fancypants artwork from your Flickr pages and design cards with them. Order a couple hundred and you'll get a random selection of designs.

As the Australians say, THAT IS VERY COOL, MY FRIEND WHO IS MAKING BUSINESS CARDS!

So now I've got 50 different cards, a sampling of which is below. COLLECT 'EM ALL!



And watch some of Elliot's 'Stressful Adventures of Boxhead and Roundhead', would ya? They rock pretty hard.



6 comments:

Charles K. said...

Elliot's business cards are very cool, although I would expect nothing less from such an inventive guy. Your colour ones look great too. They're inspiration just when I need it!

Elliot Cowan said...

Hey Tom, you devil.
Australian didn't invent business cards, we stole the idea from our New Zealand brethren across the sea.

And thanks for the B&R plug.
They need the publicity, I think.

And also, I agree with Charles.

Jen/Emi said...

Wow. Your cards are beyond awesome XD

Numbuh 9.494 said...

Oh, those cards are so cool.

nothanks said...

Cool!!I like-e business cards and those are just AWESOME!

Kevie Metal said...

Thanks for the tip (the tip of what I ain't sayin').