Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A VISIT TO P.S. 261

This morning I stopped by P.S. 261 over in Carrol Gardens, Brooklyn to visit a couple of the kindergarten classes and man, did we have FUN!


We read both '1000 TIMES N0' and the rough version of the sequel '1000 TIMES WHY'!


And then I showed 'em how to draw the nay-saying Noah.


The problem is... the kids all draw WAY better than I do!


We also talked about ideas for sequels to the books. Some of my favorites:

'1000 Times Going on Lots of Vacations'
and
'1000 Times watching Star Wars'
(which I think I've done already)

Sooper huge thanks to PS 261 for having me over and extra jumbo sized thanks to the kids for making it so fun!

EDIT: I just got this from the kids today!


You guys rule the universe!

Coming up next post: So ya want Mr. Warburton to come to YOUR school/book fair/library/pizza party/ninja training seminar?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my son is at PS261 and one of my close friends is a voice on KIDS NEXT DOOR.....Thanks for coming to visit the kids!

RedStar said...

Haha, the kids look so cute! Looks to me like you sure know how to throw a good time, dude.

Drawings are sweet! Maybe one of those kids in the future will be on your team one day. You never know. ^^

Need to get that book, even though I'll be 17 next month.

Besides, I bet you wouldn't want to come to a southern Illinois town of a high school anyway. But it doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

Numbuh 9.494 said...

Aw, they are so adorable...

Anyway, "1000 times watching the Lord of the Rings" sounds good to me, but it's just me. :D

Anonymous said...

gasp! a ninja training seminar? sounds perfect! Haha... Those kids are really lucky, but they probably don't know it yet.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new book! As soon as our new twins are old enough to not eat your book, we will get it for them ( unless 1000XNO is REALLY tasty). They are voracious readers. They'll eat anything.