Sunday, August 29, 2010

COMIC CON SKETCH #5


Ashley Wood paints good.

Oops...

Did I say good?

I meant TOTALLY REALLY SOOPER AWESOMELY AMAZINGLY OVER-THE-TOP ARMY OF GORILLAS TAKING OVER THE WORLD GOOD!

Talk about someone who has their own distinctive style going!
I first saw his work in SPARROW:


And picked up this fun mini-series:


Wow...
His texture...
His brushwork...
His atmosphere...
His ROBOTS!


So whilst at Comic Con I saw him standing by a table of his original art (none of which I could afford). He was finishing up a sketch for someone else and afterwards I asked if he could please doodle me up something.

He was... um... perhaps a bit tired after a long day of Comic Conning.
But was nice enough to sketch me this:


For which I am ever so happy!
Thanks, Mr. Wood!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Tom!

You said back in 2008 that you were working on two shows, one of them being a action/comedy/mystery show:http://kidsnextblog.livejournal.com/40362.html

Now look at a whois record relating to a Cartoon Network domain:http://whois.domaintools.com/problemsolverz.tv

Could Problem Solverz be that show?