Sunday, October 10, 2010

CREATING ANIMATED CARTOONS WITH CHARACTER!


A while back I mentioned that sooperstar show creator Joe Murray was completely insane--

And I stick by that!

But I never said he couldn't write a darn good book.

For example, remember that e-book he did?
The one about making your own cartoon?
I talked about it way over HERE.

Well, this e-book was soooooo good that a publisher approached him about turning it into an honest-to-goodness, real live, hold-in-your-hands-and-turn-the-pages booky book!

Which was AWESOME---
except for the fact that Mr. Murray liked the
environmental bonuses of making e-books.
Here's a picture of him holding his nose at the idea:



But eventually Mr. Murray decided that you fine folks NEEDED this book and decided to go for it. And guess what?

IT'S AVAILABLE NOW!

Obviously, the book's success was maybe/possibly/kind of based on the fact that I was mentioned on a couple pages. I even got a three page Q and A interview with Mr. Murray which I'm shocked the critics haven't raved about more (if at all).
Or perhaps it's my blurb on the back of the book that makes it such a must have?

See?


Then again, it might just be that Mr. Murray wrote a brilliant book that gives you firsthand experience on what it's like to create an animated TV show from scratch. I mean, the guy created both Rocko's Modern Life AND Camp Lazlo... so you're not going to find too many more people with that kinda knowledge.

So why are you hanging around reading ridiculous blogs when you could be reading CREATING ANIMATED CARTOONS WITH CHARACTER?!

GO GET IT!


3 comments:

Strange Kid said...

SOLD!

brianna14 said...

guess who's buyin' a copy?! i am! oh yea!

MR. WARBURTON said...

you were my THIRD guess, brianna!