Thursday, October 1, 2015

THE VISITORS by RAGNAR KJARTANSSON

As I mentioned in my previous post 
about visiting LA's new 
contemporary art museum
The Broad,
there was one piece 
that totally blew me away.
THE VISITORS 
by 
RAGNAR KJARTANSSON

It's
an hour long,
one take film
of nine musicians,
each on their own enormous screen,
performing the same haunting
and ethereal song.


The performers gathered in a moldering 
mansion in upstate New York,
each in a separate room,
each with their own story,
each playing their piece of 
the hypnotic and ever-changing song.


I could have stayed there for hours,
watching, listening and wondering!


Here's a bit of it I found online:

Wherever you are,
I hope you get a chance
to see this piece in person!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to go there but I can't D:
On offtopic I just came here and I would love to see more news from you :D

Unknown said...

Fuck, i live in Dominican Republic :/ i can't see this in person :'v